If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Congratulations to SLD, whose Raspberry Custard Cups won this week's contest for Your Best Raspberries, earning her big prizes from Viking, OXO and Tiny Prints, and a spot in the next food52 cookbook!
Q&A with SLD
- Describe an early food experience that has influenced the way you think about food and/or cooking.
- I cherish memories of my Dad bent over the stove making Chicken-Fried Steak as only he could make it.
- What's your least favorite food?
- What is the best thing you've made so far this year?
- I found an old Chicken Croquette recipe, added a few things and made a dill sauce to go with it. Delicious!
- Describe your most spectacular kitchen disaster.
- My in-laws were coming over for dinner (before we were married) and I took the jello mold apart too soon and jello ended up all over the counter and floor. I think that may have been the last time I used a jello mold...
- What is your idea of comfort food?
- Home-made chili topped with sour cream and a little fresh onion, served with a hot roll or fresh bread.
- Apron or no apron?
- What's your favorite food-related scene in a movie?
- When Harry met Sally -- the restaurant scene still makes me laugh.
- If you could make a show-stopping dinner for one person, living or dead, who would it be?
- My mom
- You prefer to cook: a. alone, b. with others, c. it depends on your mood
- C, except when making Christmas cookies, which I enjoy doing with my daughter.
- When it comes to tidying up, you usually: a. clean as you cook, b. do all the dishes once you've finished cooking, c. leave the kitchen a shambles for your spouse/roommate/kids to clean.
- I try to do "a" but end up doing "b".