If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Inspired by the Saveur 100 list, pierino started a lively discussion on the FOOD52 Hotline about your favorite food-related finds of 2011. We had a lengthy staff email chain that was pretty similar. So we took the highlights from both, tallied things up and put together a list of our own.
We didn't end up with exactly 100 items but we have a lucky number around here (can you guess what it is?), so we went with it. And here it is: The FOOD52 "52"
3. Evernote: If I adapt or use a recipe in a cookbook that I like well enough to make again - it goes straight into Evernote with my notes attached. Digital cooking has changed the way I cook, and the way I eat in many respects. -BurntOfferings
12. Lucky Peach
16. Modernist Cuisine: The ultimate food geek's treasure. If you've gotten your hands on a copy, you know why.
17. Penguin's Great Food Series: Classic food writing in exciting little packages. The book designs make you want to buy them all, and why shouldn't you?
18. Remedy Quarterly: A small and sweet quarterly filled with lively writing and "recipes for feeling good."
19. Eataly: Yes, we're fans. The chocolate hazelnut truffles are a daily indulgence at our office. And lunch wouldn't be the same without Eataly nearby.
21. Pasta di Gragnano: The dried pasta from Italy's first dried-pasta factory is pressed through rough bronze forms and dried in the cool mountain air of Graganano outside Naples. The result: homey, toothsome pasta primed to cling to any kind of sauce.
22. Bulleit's Rye
23. Gotham Greens: We love local produce, and these delicate lettuces and beautiful herbs are grown right in Brooklyn.
25. Five Acre Farms Local Milk: Positively local. We're happy to be within this farm-to-table company's 275-mile radius.
28. Red quinoa
29. American Cheesemongers: Something exciting is going on in the domestic cheese world. Artisanal raw milk cheeses are being produced right under our noses, and while we love a great import, we're thrilled to support the cheesemakers next door.
31. Benton's Bacon: Everything you wished bacon could be: thick, porky, and oh-so-smoky. It's the favorite of many chefs, and you can get it sent to your door.
34. NOMA: There's no denying that the restaurant, the chef, and the book were all major talking points in 2011.
35. The FOOD52 Cookbook: Cheers to our community for making this happen!
36. Home Made by Yvette Van Boven: We love the idea here -- make more things at home -- and we're doing our best to take on more DIY projects in our kitchens.
38. Baking competitions at Omnivore Books in San Francisco: Lucky you, if you live in San Francisco!
46. Tableware from CB2: Don't be surprized if you see a few pieces from here in upcoming FOOD52 photos.
47. Bellocq Teas’ The White Duke: We're smitten with Bellocq's packaging. So far their 'The White Duke' blend is our favorite.
51. L.A. Burdick's almond madeleines & Milk Hot Chocolate Mix
52. Saveur's Garlic Peeling Video (see below): This video (and the method) has already become a classic.