If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
You're going to think I'm lazy. And you're right.
I like olive oil, I like vegetables, and I like warm salads. So when I'm not feeling particularly inventive or energetic, I like to throw them all together in a single dish. Vegetables get roasted. Fish gets poached in oil (an old stand-by for me). A squeeze of lemon and a dried chile come in to give everything a kick in the pants. And I have a comforting dinner on the table without much thought or effort.
We like our summer produce at Food52 -- Want us to send you another corn newsletter? Watch out, or we will! -- so I had to get just one more blast of corn and squash in under the wire. Then, soon, I'll behave and start cozying up to apples and cabbage. If I have to.
Here's how I got it done:
- 4 ears of corn, kernels cut from the cobs
- Good olive oil
- 3 medium yellow squash or zucchini, trimmed and each cut lengthwise into 6 wedges
- 2 medium white potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 pound tuna, cut 1-inch thick (probably 2 pieces)
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, lightly crushed
- 1 dried chile
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, cut into 4 quarters
Photos by James Ransom