One of the most important features of any meal is the different textures it combines. This meatless pairing mixes tender roasted carrots, creamy avocados, and al dente couscous. The flavors of bold citrus and spices will keep you guessing -- not bad for a Monday.
Click through on the recipe photos or titles to see (and save and print) the full recipes, but we've also written you a handy grocery list and game plan below.
We're assuming that you already have olive oil, salt, pepper, sugar, red pepper flakes, garlic, red wine vinegar, and sesame seeds on hand. If not, you'll be needing those things, too!
1. Heat the oven to 450 degrees. Simmer the carrots for 10 minutes, drain, and set aside.
2. Prepare the citrus marinade, toss with the carrots, and roast till they're tender, about 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, get going on the couscous. First toast, then simmer the couscous for 10 minutes. In the meantime, chop the olives, mince the onion, and mix up the dressing. Take the carrots out of the oven.
4. Get plating: divvy the carrot and avocado slices between four plates. Top with greens, creme fraiche, salad dressing, and seeds.
5. Toss the couscous with its dressing, plate, and serve!