- How is the shop different?
We believe that how you eat is how you live. Everything from the berries you
pick up at the market, to the rolling pin you use to roll out dough, to the
lighting on your patio table makes a difference.
We wanted to create a shop that reflects this. But we knew we couldn't stop at just products. So the shop is fully integrated with the editorial side of Food52. We’ll help you find great recipes to make your pie and an article showing you how to roll out dough like a pro. (We always sat at the front of the class—can you tell?)
Our shop is the place where you can find it all—and where you can daydream, too.
- How do you choose your products?
We'll be honest: we really like all of the items featured in the shop. If we
want something for our own homes, that's when we know we should pass it on
to you, because a great find only gets better when it's shared. In the shop
you’ll find a range of high-quality, one-of-a-kind kitchen and home products
ranging from ingredients to kitchen tools to serveware. Our team scours the
Internet, blogs and magazines to find the best artisans and merchants, and
works with these partners to carefully design the products we sell. And
above all, we choose products and artisans worth celebrating.
Do you produce or sell something that you'd like to see on in the shop? Tell us more.
- How do I sign up to get emails about our latest products?
You can sign up for a Food52 account and subscribe to our emails
If you're logged in to your Food52 account, you can view and edit your newsletter subscription options from your account settings page. There you'll be able to choose whether you'd like to hear about new items in our shop, new recipes, or both! We also offer a weekly best-of email digest, featuring what’s been popular this week.
Looking for other ways to stay connected with Food52? Follow @Food52 on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to see our latest recipes, newest finds, enter contests, take quizzes, ask questions and more.
If you have any trouble, send us a quick email at [email protected] and we’ll be glad to help.
- How much is shipping? (U.S.)
We offer $8 flat rate shipping within the continental US. A rate of $30 applies to orders shipping to Alaska or Hawaii.
The majority of our products are shipped via UPS Ground, although a select few ship via USPS.
If you need something quickly, many of our products are also available with express shipping for an additional charge. You'll see the label Express Shipping Available on product pages that have this service available, and you'll be able to select the shipping option you like at checkout.
If something is particularly heavy (large sacks of flour because you whip through pies and tarts with reckless abandon), perishable (plums to fill those pies and tarts), or ships from another country, we'll note any extra surcharge on the product page and at checkout.
- Do you ship Internationally?
- We currently ship within the U.S., to all 50 states. We hope to offer international shipping sometime in the future!
- When will I receive my order?
- On each product page, you'll find a shipping tab with our estimate for how long it takes for the product to leave our merchant partner's location. Most of our products ship via UPS Ground, and you'll receive an email with tracking information within an hour of shipment. Once a package is on its way to you via standard shipping, it will arrive within 1 to 5 business days.
Most of our products can be mailed using express shipping. If that's the case, you'll see the label Express Shipping Available on the product page, and you'll be able to select the best shipping option for you at checkout.
- How do I return a product?
Because many of our items are made to order by small artisans who can't afford to hold inventory, all sales are final—that said, if something arrives broken or doesn't make you feel 100% happy, please contact us at [email protected] within 30 days of receiving your order and we will do everything in our power to make it better. No funny stuff, though—please don't use products before returning them. (You think we won't know? We'll totally know.)
When returns are possible, they will be for Food52 shop credit. Some items may be subject to a 20% restocking fee, but we try to avoid that whenever we can.
Food items, gift cards, and monogrammed items are final sale and not returnable, unless, of course, someone drank your entire wine shipment and monogrammed the wrong letter on your tea towel.
- We value you as customers, so we handle all of your personal information responsibly. (And just for extra security, your information is encrypted using industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology.) We'd never share, sell or distribute it in any way.
- Where do you charge sales tax?
- We are required to charge sales tax in our home state of New York, as well as the states where our merchant partners reside.
- Payment Methods and Security
- We currently Visa, American Express, Mastercard, and Discover debit and
credit cards issued by US banks. We also accept payments via PayPal.
We partner with Braintree payments to securely process order payments. We don't store your credit card information on our site—instead, we rely on Braintree to do so. For repeat purchases, we use your Braintree customer ID to process a payment.
- Is there a number I can call?
- We'd love to chat with you! However, until we expand our customer care team, we're always available at [email protected], or if you're stuck on the checkout page, you can also chat with us when we're online. We promise we'll get back to you as quickly as we can, both inside and outside of business hours!
- How can I redeem my gift card?
- Gift cards can be used at food52.com/shop on any item in the store. Look around, select the items you're interested in, and use your gift card at checkout (just look for the "Have a promo code or gift card?" box to apply it).
If you don't use your whole gift card balance in one order, the remainder will be kept in your Food52 account to apply toward your next order.
- Can I check my gift card balance?
- You can check the balance of your gift card at any time under your Food52 account on your credit history page.
- Do you offer a wedding registry service?
- Yes we do! You can create your registry here.
- Do you offer gift wrapping on registry items?
- Because we're always striving to reduce waste, we'll send the happy couple a little something that gives and gives—in place of gift wrapping. (No offense, big red bows.)
- Do you offer a discount to stylists for props?
- We offer a private discount to approved stylists. As many of our products are handmade, we ask that you please allow a minimum of 10 days for your order to arrive. Some product production and shipping times may vary. Send us a note at [email protected] for more info.
- I run my own blog and love Food52—what's the best way for me to feature your products?
- Check out our affiliate program, where you can earn a commission for each purchase you refer to Food52.
- I'm a stylist and would love to use Food52 products in my shoots and videos—what's the best way for me to do so?
- If you're a stylist interested in using Food52 products, contact [email protected] for more information.
- What is the contest schedule?
- Contests are announced every other week on Mondays. You have until the following Tuesday at 6 PM EST to submit your recipe, at which point we start testing! We photograph the two finalists we've tested, along with 3 to 5 additional recipes we loved, which we call Community Picks. We'll announce the finalists on a Thursday, at which point you'll have until the following Wednesday to vote for the recipe you think should win. For more on our contests, see our About the Contests page.
- How do I vote in a contest?
- Click on "Contests" in the top navigation bar. If there is currently a contest open to voting, you'll find it in the carousel at the top of this page—it will say "Vote: Contest X". Click on this module and you'll be taken to a page that has the two finalists with a "Vote" button beneath each one. Other will see that you have voted but not for which recipe your vote was cast.
- After someone wins a contest, is he or she eligible to enter/win another?
- Yes, of course! You can enter as many contests as you like, and you're welcome to submit as many recipes as you like. However, once one of your recipes wins a contest, you can't enter it into a future contest. (Nice try!)
- How do you narrow down the submissions?
- After the submission period for each contest ends, our recipe testers and editors read through every submitted recipe. From there, they choose a list with the highest potential; this list then gets posted to the site in a bi-weekly Community Picks Dibs Calling article. Community members and readers may volunteer to test any recipe from this list, then we'll take their notes and add to them: We'll test as many of our favorites as it takes to find two recipes worthy of being finalists.
- Why don't you post the same number of Community Picks for each contest?
- Community Picks are like honorable mentions. We simply select recipes we like – whether that means 2 or 22.
- Why do you sometimes reword the recipes?
- If a great recipe lacks clarity of technique here and there, we want to fix it so that everyone can appreciate its greatness. We aim for clarity and consistent style, but your voice is important to us, so we preserve the original voice as best we can.
- Can I upload my recipes even if I don't want to enter a contest?
- Yes, of course! We'd love for Food52 to be the place you store all of your best recipes. Also, we pick two Wildcard winners every week, and one day it just might be yours!
- What constitutes an original recipe?
- We have a whole explanation on this here.
- Do I own my recipes?
- Yes, of course! We work hard to share our community's recipes far and wide, so you may see your recipe appear on one of our partner sites after you've uploaded it. If that's the case, it will include a citation noting that it is your recipe and was originally published on Food52. In addition, you can use the recipes you upload to the site in any way you choose. If Food52 has photographed your recipe, please be sure to properly cite the new photograph if you're using it elsewhere.
- What if I see a plagiarized recipe on the site?
- Tell us! We all have a vested interest in the content on the site being original. When it's not, there's often an innocent reason: Who hasn't experienced the heartbreak of discovering that your grandmother's signature Snicker Doodles actually come from Better Homes and Gardens? Our goal is not to shame unwitting borrowers—please email us at [email protected] if you notice something that feels a bit off.
- Why create the Food52 cookbooks and a Food52 Works imprint when all the recipes are on the site?
- A cookbook has a point of view. It has a narrative. And it's a wonderful object. In this case, the book is a collaborative art project containing all of our voices, opinions, creative energy—and, of course, terrific recipes. You can go into your local bookstore, see it on a shelf and know that you have a part in it being there. And, with our Food52 Works Imprint, we'll be publishing a large number of recipes that are new and have never appeared on the site.