- How is the shop different?
We believe that how you eat is how you live. Everything from the berries you
pick up at the market, to the rolling pin you use to roll out dough, to the
lighting on your patio table makes a difference.
We wanted to create a shop that reflects this. But we knew we couldn't stop at just products. So the shop is fully integrated with the editorial side of Food52. We’ll help you find great recipes to make your pie and an article showing you how to roll out dough like a pro. (We always sat at the front of the class—can you tell?)
Our shop is the place where you can find it all—and where you can daydream, too.
- How do you choose your products?
We'll be honest: we really like all of the items featured in the shop. If we
want something for our own homes, that's when we know we should pass it on
to you, because a great find only gets better when it's shared. In the shop
you’ll find a range of high-quality, one-of-a-kind kitchen and home products
ranging from ingredients to kitchen tools to serveware. Our team scours the
Internet, blogs and magazines to find the best artisans and merchants, and
works with these partners to carefully design the products we sell. And
above all, we choose products and artisans worth celebrating.
Do you produce or sell something that you'd like to see on in the shop? Tell us more.
- How do I sign up to get emails about our latest products?
You can sign up for a Food52 account and subscribe to our emails
If you're logged in to your Food52 account, you can view and edit your newsletter subscription options from your account settings page. There you'll be able to choose if you'd like to hear about new items in our shop and new recipes on a daily basis. We also offer a weekly best-of email digest, featuring what’s been popular this week.
Looking for other ways to stay connected with Food52? Follow @Food52 on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to see our latest recipes, newest finds, enter contests, take quizzes, ask questions and more.
If you have any trouble, send us a quick email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be glad to help.
- How much is shipping? (U.S.)
We offer $8 flat rate shipping within the
continental US. A rate of $30 applies to
orders shipping to Alaska or Hawaii.
The majority of our products are shipped via UPS Ground, although
a select few ship via USPS. Please note: We are currently unable to send
packages to P.O. Boxes.
If you need something quickly, many of our products are also eligible for express shipping for an additional charge. You can see if your product has this service available by clicking “Shipping options & delivery estimate” on the product page.
If something is particularly heavy, bulky, comes in an especially cumbersome package, is perishable, or ships from another country, we’ll note an extra surcharge on the product page and at checkout.
- Do you ship Internationally?
- We currently ship within the U.S., to all 50 states. We hope to offer international shipping sometime in the future!
- When will I receive my order?
- On each product’s page you’ll see a shipping icon with “Shipping options & delivery estimate” which will detail our estimate for how long it will take the product to leave our merchant’s location. Most of the products in our shop ship UPS Ground and you’ll receive an email with tracking information within an hour of shipment. Once a package is on its way to you via standard shipping, it will arrive within 1 to 5 business days.
- How do I return a product?
- Please note we typically do not offer refunds or returns, except in the
case of damaged items. That said, if you are not satisfied with your purchase
please, don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
within 30 days of receiving your order and we will do everything in our
power to make it better.
When returns are possible, they will be for Food52 Shop credit and some items may be subject to a restocking fee (but we try to avoid that whenever we can).
Food, gift cards, vintage, and monogrammed pieces are not eligible for returns, unless, of course, someone ate your entire shipment of cheese and monogrammed the wrong letter on your tea towel.
- What if I've received a damaged item?
- Please contact us as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, order number and photos of the damage—we’ll straighten this out right away!
- We value you as customers, so we handle all of your personal information responsibly. (And just for extra security, your information is encrypted using industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology.) We'd never share, sell or distribute it in any way.
- Where do you charge sales tax?
- We are required to charge sales tax in our home state of New York, as well as the states where our merchant partners reside.
- Payment Methods and Security
- We currently accept Visa, American Express, Mastercard, and Discover,
debit and credit cards issued by US banks. We also accept payments via
PayPal. Unfortunately, we're unable to process payments or accept any orders
over the phone.
We partner with Braintree payments to securely process order payments. We don't store your credit card information on our site—instead, we rely on Braintree to do so. For repeat purchases, we use your Braintree customer ID to process a payment.
- Is there a number I can call?
- We'd love to chat with you! However, until we expand our customer care team, we're always available at email@example.com, or if you're stuck on the checkout page, you can also chat with us when we're online. We promise we'll get back to you as quickly as we can, both inside and outside of business hours!
- How can I redeem my gift card?
- Gift cards can be used at food52.com/shop on any item in the store. Look around, select the items you're interested in, and use your gift card at checkout (just look for the "Have a promo code or gift card?" box to apply it).
If you don't use your whole gift card balance in one order, the remainder will be kept in your Food52 account to apply toward your next order.
- Can I check my gift card balance?
- You can check the balance of your gift card at any time under your Food52 account on your credit history page.
- Do you offer a wedding registry service?
- Yes we do! You can create your registry here.
- Do you offer gift wrapping on registry items?
- Because we're always striving to reduce waste, we'll send the happy couple a little something that gives and gives—in place of gift wrapping. (No offense, big red bows.)
- Do you offer a discount to stylists for props?
- We offer a private discount to approved stylists. As many of our products are handmade, we ask that you please allow a minimum of 10 days for your order to arrive. Some product production and shipping times may vary. Send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
- I run my own blog and love Food52—what's the best way for me to feature your products?
- Check out our affiliate program, where you can earn a commission for each purchase you refer to Food52.
- I'm a stylist and would love to use Food52 products in my shoots and videos—what's the best way for me to do so?
- If you're a stylist interested in using Food52 products, contact email@example.com for more information.
- How do I save a recipe?
- Every recipe, article, and product on the site can be saved and organized into personal collections. Just click the Save button at the top of each recipe page, select a pre-populated Collection or name your own Collection. You can also press the heart icon at the top of the recipe page which will automatically create a Collection of your favorites so you can save things for later. You can access all of your saved items by clicking your user icon at the top right corner of the page and selecting "Favorites & Collections."
- How do I print a recipe?
- Once you're logged into your Food52 account, you can print any of our recipes or blog posts by clicking the printer icon at the top of the recipe page, just above the recipe photo. If you're having trouble finding it, look right next to the Save button!
- How do I find the recipes I've saved?
- When you're logged into your Food52 account, you can access all of your saved recipes, articles, and products by clicking your user icon in the top right corner of the site and selecting "Favorites & Collections." Anything you've saved or favorited can be found here.
- How do I ask a question about a recipe?
- You have two options. Beneath each recipe, you can either write a comment on the recipe page, or you can click the Questions tab to pose your question to our entire community using the Food52 Hotline.
If you go the Hotline route, you'll see that the first field is pre-populated with the title of the recipe you're asking about. Add the specifics of your question to the second field; Add tags (which are a way to categorize your question); Add an image if you wish; Click on "Ask Now," and soon you'll have some answers to your question from our community.
- How do I comment on a recipe?
- The comment section is at the bottom of each recipe or blog post. Just type in your comment and click the "Add Comment" button beneath the box.
If you'd like to receive additional comments that may pop up about the same recipe in the future, make sure to leave the "Send me emails about new comments" box checked.
- How do I edit one of my own recipes?
- Under the recipe's photo, you'll find an "Edit Recipe" button that will allow you to edit a recipe you've submitted. Don't forget to save your changes once you've made them!
Bear in mind that recipes which are "In The Test Kitchen" of an active contest are closed for editing to ensure that we don't test one version only to find it accidentally changed on us. Once the contest has concluded, the recipe can be edited again.
- How do I upload a photograph with my recipe?
- Once you have published your recipe, you will be prompted to add images to the recipe if you'd like. Alternatively, you can return to the recipe page later on, click on the grey "Add Photos" button directly underneath the main recipe image, and follow the instructions to add the new image(s).
- How can I edit my comments?
- There is no way to do this right now, but we are working on this feature.
- How Do I Add a Recipe to the Site?
- Along the top of the site, you'll see a "Recipes" button—hover over that, then select "Add a Recipe" in the dropdown menu. You'll be taken to a recipe formatting page, which will walk you through the steps of adding your recipe to the site. When you've finished adding the recipe, click on "Publish" at the bottom.
- How do I find Community Picks?
- There are two ways to do this: Click on the "Community Picks" link under Recipes in the main navigation menu (on every page of the site), or click on "Recipes" in the main navigation menu, and then click on "Community Picks" towards the top left of the page. This will filter the recipe results and only show you Community Picks.
- How do I vote in a contest?
- Click on "Contests" in the top navigation bar. If there is currently a contest open to voting, you'll find it in the carousel at the top of this page. Click on this module and you'll be taken to a page that has the two finalists with a "Vote" button beneath each one. Others will see that you have voted but they won't be able to see which you voted for.
- How do I access the recipes of a cook I admire?
- The universal search option at the top right of every page allows you to search by cook name.
- How do I send another cook a message or follow another cook?
- You can access both of these options from the cook's profile page. Follow a cook's page to receive updates on their latest recipes and new favorited and saved items in a weekly email digest.
- How do I search the Hotline for past questions?
- In the upper right corner of every page is a universal search option. Enter your terms and select the area of the site you want to search (e.g., Recipes, Hotline, Articles, etc.)
- How do I find Food52 videos?
- We're planning to make these even more accessible, but in the meantime you can find them by clicking the "Videos" category header on any video post.
- What is the contest schedule?
- Contests are announced every other week on Mondays. You have until the following Tuesday at 6 PM EST to submit your recipe, at which point we start testing! We photograph the two finalists we've tested, along with 3 to 5 additional recipes we loved, which we call Community Picks. We'll announce the finalists on a Thursday, at which point you'll have until the following Wednesday to vote for the recipe you think should win. For more on our contests, see our About the Contests page.
- How do I vote in a contest?
- Click on "Contests" in the top navigation bar. If there is currently a contest open to voting, you'll find it in the carousel at the top of this page—it will say "Vote: Contest X". Click on this module and you'll be taken to a page that has the two finalists with a "Vote" button beneath each one. Other will see that you have voted but not for which recipe your vote was cast.
- After someone wins a contest, is he or she eligible to enter/win another?
- Yes, of course! You can enter as many contests as you like, and you're welcome to submit as many recipes as you like. However, once one of your recipes wins a contest, you can't enter it into a future contest. (Nice try!)
- How do you narrow down the submissions?
- After the submission period for each contest ends, our recipe testers and editors read through every submitted recipe. From there, they choose a list with the highest potential; this list then gets posted to the site in a bi-weekly Community Picks Dibs Calling article. Community members and readers may volunteer to test any recipe from this list, then we'll take their notes and add to them: We'll test as many of our favorites as it takes to find two recipes worthy of being finalists.
- Why don't you post the same number of Community Picks for each contest?
- Community Picks are like honorable mentions. We simply select recipes we like – whether that means 2 or 22.
- How do I submit a recipe to a contest?
- For an existing recipe, go to your user account page and click on the recipe you'd like to submit. Click the "Edit" button, scroll down to the bottom and select the option that allows you to submit the recipe to a contest. Click "Publish This Recipe" to finish submitting the recipe to the contest.
For a new recipe, upload as normal, and find the same drop-down menu next to "Submit My Recipe to a Contest" in the edit screen. Hit "Publish This Recipe," and you're done!
- Why do you sometimes reword the recipes?
- If a great recipe lacks clarity of technique here and there, we want to fix it so that everyone can appreciate its greatness. We aim for clarity and consistent style, but your voice is important to us, so we preserve the original voice as best we can.
- Can I upload my recipes even if I don't want to enter a contest?
- Yes, of course! We'd love for Food52 to be the place you store all of your best recipes. Also, we pick two Wildcard winners every week, and one day it just might be yours!
- What constitutes an original recipe?
- We have a whole explanation on this here.
- Do I own my recipes?
- Yes, of course! We work hard to share our community's recipes far and wide, so you may see your recipe appear on one of our partner sites after you've uploaded it. If that's the case, it will include a citation noting that it is your recipe and was originally published on Food52. In addition, you can use the recipes you upload to the site in any way you choose. If Food52 has photographed your recipe, please be sure to properly cite the new photograph if you're using it elsewhere.
- What if I see a plagiarized recipe on the site?
- Tell us! We all have a vested interest in the content on the site being original. When it's not, there's often an innocent reason: Who hasn't experienced the heartbreak of discovering that your grandmother's signature Snicker Doodles actually come from Better Homes and Gardens? Our goal is not to shame unwitting borrowers—please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice something that feels a bit off.
- Does Food52 have a mobile app?
- Yes! It’s called (Not)Recipes. You can download it here, for free.
- What is (Not)Recipes?
- (Not)Recipes for iOS is a new way to find—and share—cooking ideas and inspiration using photos. It's the only app to tap into the smart, spontaneous cooking really happening in people's homes—and show how it's done. (Spoiler alert: Most of the time, they're not using recipes.)
- Is (Not)Recipes available for Android?
- At present, (Not)Recipes is available only for iOS.
- I have a question about the app. Whom should I contact?
- We would love to hear what you think about (Not)Recipes. For all questions and feedback about the app, please email email@example.com.
- Why create the Food52 cookbooks and a Food52 Works imprint when all the recipes are on the site?
- A cookbook has a point of view. It has a narrative. And it's a wonderful object. In this case, the book is a collaborative art project containing all of our voices, opinions, creative energy—and, of course, terrific recipes. You can go into your local bookstore, see it on a shelf and know that you have a part in it being there. And, with our Food52 Works Imprint, we'll be publishing a large number of recipes that are new and have never appeared on the site.
- Do you have interns?
- Food52 is not currently accepting applications for editorial interns. (We do, however, host Julia Child Fellows periodically through NYU's Food Studies Masters program. You can learn more about the fellowship here.)
- I received printed material in the mail from Food52 and would prefer not to in the future. How do I opt out?
- We're sorry to hear that! Fill out the form on this page to opt out of snail mail.