A question about a recipe: Secret Cookies

9848942e df0a 45bb 9a16 9fd31f5cbe5e  2016 1129 secret cookies james ransom 399

I have a question about the recipe "Secret Cookies" from Veronica.
I tried to make these cookies and the dough came out very crumbly and dry. I was not able to make them work any ideas?

asked by mikelien almost 7 years ago

I've never heard of this happening before -- usually they're quite moist. Any chance your proportions of flour to butter could have been off? Was your butter soft when you started?

I've responded to this issue in a couple of other places, but since it's back at the top of the hotline, I'll say it again. I also found the dough to be dry and crumbly. But, as is the case with many other doughs, I found that when I kept working it and pressing it together with my hands, it came together fine. It just took some doing. And by the way, as simple as this recipe is, the cookies are delicious.