A question about a recipe: Ann Seranne's Rib Roast of Beef

I have a question about the recipe "Ann Seranne's Rib Roast of Beef" from Genius Recipes.
Others have asked the questions, but at this point there is no answer. How do we adjust the cooking/sear time to accommodate a roast without bones?

• Posted by: DGCook
  • December 20, 2011
875786c1 6fea 4948 9c7d 5a1c0fe97483  food52 12 13 11 2956
Recipe question for: Ann Seranne's Rib Roast of Beef

Kristen Miglore December 20, 2011

This method was designed by Seranne to work for a bone-in roast, and since we haven't tested a boneless version, we'd hate to lead you astray. This is our advice: you'll want to use a roasting rack (the bones act as the rack), and keep the fatty side up as it roasts to baste the meat. Bones conduct heat into the center of a roast, so a boneless roast will actually take longer to cook. You might try 6 minutes per pound at 500 degrees instead of 5 minutes. And if you're nervous, you could try checking the internal temperature midway through (opening and closing the oven quickly to keep the heat in).

DGCook
DGCook December 21, 2011

Thanks so much for your answer. I appreciate your help. Your point about the bones acting like a rack is valid. If I decide to try the boneless route I will let you know how this works.