A question about a recipe: Dad's Favorite Seafood Stew

A6022657 cd16 47ec 8d78 63f717d869f7  seafood stew

I have a question about the recipe "Dad's Favorite Seafood Stew" from inpatskitchen. We love this, and I would like to use crabmeat instead of shrimp this time. Any thoughts on this? Don't want to test with the price of crab meat.

By the way, I have used both DRBABS version of making fish stock and IPS version and they are both wonderful!

asked by SKK over 6 years ago

inpatskitchen
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

I have actually made this with king crab meat and it was wonderful. Not sure about blue crab however. Another great option would be langoustines which usually come cooked (as does crab meat) so add at the very last minute.

Thank you! I have a lazy group of diners, so will pull the King Crab meat out - will that work?

inpatskitchen
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

Oh yes...but if you can, use those shells in your stock!!

IPS, thank you! Still waiting to cook alligator. Don't want to try it without you!

inpatskitchen
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

We'll have to meet up in Baton Rouge...my brother works for a seafood company down there and maybe can hook us up!!!

Will do! I have good friends in Lafayette and New Iberia.