🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: The Snake Bite

Fcb59cfe 7b3d 4ca8 b374 f58fe3e6dada  food52 12 20 11 5389

I have a question about the recipe "The Snake Bite" from arielleclementine. I was wondering if you think that I could use poire william pear brandy in the frosting -- I already have it and love finding ways to use it. I was thinking I would do half pear cider half pear brandy??

asked by JORJ almost 6 years ago

3fdd943e 2b86 46c7 b573 b038b89b9d6f  henrykiss

Oh I think that would be lovely! Sort of like a play on a boozy whipped cream. One fun thing about the cider is that it makes the icing just a little bit effervescent, but I don't know that I'd buy a six-pack of the stuff just for two tablespoons. I'd use all pear brandy, and I'm sure it'd be delicious :)

I made these on Saturday and they turned out great -- I made your recipe and divided it between about 20 cupcakes. They baked for about 15 minutes in the oven and came out perfectly (I checked them at 10 minutes and again at 12 minutes, just to be sure). I think it would have been better to have fewer, bigger cupcakes because they didn't rise up over the edge of the cupcake liners. Nevertheless, they were delicious and a huge hit at the party! I think if I make this again with Poire William I will use less than 1/4 cup, maybe just 2 tablespoons -- the icing with 1/4 cup of Poire William had a real kick to it! Also, there was a lot of leftover icing, so maybe I would make less? Or maybe I would just make more cake!! I heard someone say they were the best cupcakes they had ever had!