A question about a recipe: Pain a l' Ancienne

I have a question about the recipe "Pain a l' Ancienne" from thirschfeld. Is it possible to make the recipe all by hand? In other words, (without a mixer with hook attachment)? Thanks!

• Posted by: Bel
  • January 5, 2012
Recipe question for: Pain à l'Ancienne

bigpan January 5, 2012
June is right - my goodness, how in the world did our ancestors manage to cook without electricity - or websites ? Working dough, once it comes together and no longer sticks to your fingers and clothing and hair etc, if actually fun exercise.

ChefJune January 5, 2012
Bread was made entirely by hand long before there were mixers with dough hooks, so sure, you can make it all by hand. Yes, it will take more energy, and you'll have to knead longer, but you'll also have a better relationship with the dough -- which is a living thing.

Personally, I love making bread by hand.

ChefJune January 5, 2012