IT'S EASIEST, FASTEST, BEST WEEK! (WAIT, LITERALLY?) READ MORE »
🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Pain a l' Ancienne

Ce1873fa 843a 4f3d 9cb9 8e7950c76857  dsc 0060 2

I have a question about the recipe "Pain a l' Ancienne" from thirschfeld. Is it possible to make the recipe all by hand? In other words, (without a mixer with hook attachment)? Thanks!

asked by Bel over 4 years ago

Bread was made entirely by hand long before there were mixers with dough hooks, so sure, you can make it all by hand. Yes, it will take more energy, and you'll have to knead longer, but you'll also have a better relationship with the dough -- which is a living thing.

Personally, I love making bread by hand.

516f887e 3787 460a bf21 d20ef4195109  bigpan

June is right - my goodness, how in the world did our ancestors manage to cook without electricity - or websites ? Working dough, once it comes together and no longer sticks to your fingers and clothing and hair etc, if actually fun exercise.