A question about a recipe: Paul Bertolli's Cauliflower Soup

7ee28ff9 d34a 447c b77d 2c9ccc33ecf9  xvxoj5quamukmmilgysu6xhcblb4ui5n2b21dv9nvhu

I have a question about the recipe "Paul Bertolli's Cauliflower Soup" from Genius Recipes. I love the bowl in this picture. Is it part of a china pattern set or a random bowl used to present this soup? Thank you!

asked almost 7 years ago

I wish I could help with specifics..But to me it looks maybe Korean, or Japaneese. With the small 'lip' at the bottom of the bowl, reminds me of rice bowls of that table ware. I've seen similar designs and styles in Korean markets.

I was thinking the same Sam. It's very appealing.

At Pearl River in Chinatown (NYC) they have tons of inexpensive white porcelain rice bowls with various patterns - I've definitely seen that particular one there before.

Found it - it's on page 8, under 'Blue and White Design Rice Bowl': http://pearlriver.com/v2/FramesCat.asp?iGroup=205

Amysarah -- good eye. That's exactly where I got that bowl. Very inexpensive, too!

Bingo! I've gone through many a Pearl River rice bowl (i.e., purchased, used, broken, replaced.) The prettiest are always the white/blue ones.