A question about a recipe: Cucumber and Butter Tea Sandwiches

2eb5d67f 7bc1 4986 87d9 e4d8f9b4f089  4668377722 0976f16d9c b

I have a question about the recipe "Cucumber and Butter Tea Sandwiches" from merrill.
How far ahead of time may I make the sandwiches? I'm hosting a wedding shower which starts at 2 pm.

asked by beldengirl almost 7 years ago

You could easily make them that morning. What I do to keep them fresh is make the sandwiches and cut them into fingers, arrange them on a plate or tray, cover them gently with a barely damp towel, and put them in the fridge. Then take them out 20 to 30 minutes before serving them so they come to room temperature.

Be sure to coat both top and bottom of the bread with butter. The butter creates a barrier for moisture of the cucumbers. Moisture will make the bread soggy before serving.

Bevi

I would recommend no earlier than the morning of.

beldengirl

Thanks for the answers. Exactly the advice I needed.