🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Oven barbecued pork

D86949e7 98a8 484b b541 4e67cdf2c788  boston butt

I have a question about the recipe "Oven barbecued pork" from Kayb.
Is it OK to marinate the wrapped pork for a much lesser time?

asked by ZenaMarie over 5 years ago

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

It's a dry brine, so I'd try to do it for at least 4 hours -- is this what you had in mind by less time?

Thank you. I'm working on it now.

B0f2c3df 9bf7 43fc 8544 eb75ba85a60e  kay at lake

Sure. I've done it by just putting on the rub and going straight to the oven. It's just the longer you marinate it, the deeper into the meat the spice flavor will migrate. But if you're going to pull the pork and mix the crust in with the interior anyway, you accomplish a similar thing. Hope you enjoy!