A question about a recipe: Vegetarian "Chicken" Nuggets

Dd0dc3f4 ec2b 4f77 96a5 b83a935d4f7d  img 3914

I have a question about the recipe "Vegetarian "Chicken" Nuggets" from HaikuTofu. Any tips on baking these rather than frying?

asked by joriev over 6 years ago

Anitalectric
Anitalectric

Anita is a vegan pastry chef & founder of Electric Blue Baking Co. in Brooklyn.

I would recommend the following:

1. chill the nuggets for about 15 minutes post-breading and pre-oven, so that they hold thogether through the (longer) baking process.

2. add oil to the liquid coating ingredients, maybe 1-2 tbp, to make up for the extra fat they might need to be golden and moist, without frying.

3. alternately, coat your baking pan with a layer of spray/oil, and then do the same to the top of the nuggets, once they are placed on the sheet.

4. this might be the most unnecessary step, but I would consider a quick marinade for the seitan before breading, to add moisture and flavor. Just for bonus points.

Looks delicious.

Great tips Anita!