🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Pudding Chomeur

A573172c 236b 487d b1a4 810b749d5df9  100609f 0120

I have a question about the recipe "Pudding Chomeur" from camille.
Several people have talked about making this with brown sugar instead of maple syrup. Can you describe how to do that? Frankly can't afford that much real maple syrup!

asked by Gary Garnier over 5 years ago

5f6b3c05 7ecd 4307 ab48 ca7b3cdf832a  fb avatar

My mother used to do that, when I was a child. Sometimes, she would also use half dark or amber maple syrup and half brown sugar syrup, so as to save some money and still get that awesome maple taste. She would boil 2 cups brown sugar with 2 cups water, to form a syrup.