🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Manhattan Clam Chowder

922de92c cbe5 4d84 8931 e5dcf64cf8d0  image tjh3921

I have a question about the recipe "Manhattan Clam Chowder" from thirschfeld.

I don't use bacon in my recipes. What can I substitute for the flavor?

asked by Hockeymom over 5 years ago

72b8c92f c97c 49cf 8fc2 4b08462521f6  me

Pancetta or prosciutto. If it is a pork issue maybe add some white fish like cod or other white fish. It will still be satisfying with just the clams

I'll agree with NeuB here. Liquid smoke (available in supermarkets) was the first thing that came to mind but smoked pimenton (paprika) is also a good suggestion.

Try looking for smoked salt. Around here they have it at the food coop with the bulk spices. It makes everything smokey and delicious!