A question about a recipe: Cream Cheese Cookies

D186e769 23d8 42e5 95e9 9c4d82523e0e  110920 35 1

I have a question about the recipe "Cream Cheese Cookies" from merrill. Do you think I could substitute goat cheese for the cream cheese?

asked by Summer of Eggplant almost 7 years ago

The flavor profile will be totally different, not as sweet. Sounds interesting!

Mr_Vittles

Absolutely. Both Cream and Goat cheese have a similar texture and density. The sour twang of Goat cheese will be a fascinating substitute.You may want to add some honey. It will be good.

nutcakes

Sounds like a waste of goat cheese to me, but I suppose it will work fine.

In my experience, most goat cheese is quite a bit drier than cream cheese. You may need to add addtional liquid to compensate.