A question about a recipe: David Eyre's Pancake

8ea75f18 fd12 49d0 82b6 68d36f42b096  1966

I have a question about the recipe "David Eyre's Pancake" from amanda. I was wondering if I could substitute buttermilk for the whole milk in the recipe? Thanks!

asked by Sweetleahbee over 6 years ago

rosalind5

I say go for it! But then my preference is always for buttermilk pancakes.

withinseason

buttermilk sometimes acts as a rising agent in a recipe. so, if you leave the buttermilk out, the final product might not be as light. but! there are some good subs out there! do you have white vinegar or lemon juice around? a dash of vinegar or lemon juice (1 tbsp to a scant cup of milk) is a good workaround when you don't have buttermilk. unless, of course, it's that you don't like buttermilk and were looking forward to a milkier/sweeter version!

withinseason

whoops read that backwards!

I haven't tried it but I definitely would -- could be a great new version. Let us know how it turns out!

BavarianCook

I always make my baked German pancakes with buttermilk and love how they turn out.