A question about a recipe: caribbean banana lime bread

0575d3dc 3381 41f6 a060 a28cebbad9cd  img 2266 bananalimecoconutbread500x425

I have a question about the recipe "caribbean banana lime bread" from Naked Beet. Is there an adequate substitute for coconut oil? Would Canola work here? Thanks
i

asked by Latetotheparty over 6 years ago

ATG117

I agree. The coconut oil will add a hint of coconut. You can use another oil seeing that this is a banana bread. I always bake mine using canola oil. BUt since coconut oil s solid at room temp, you can also substitute butter. The textures will be different, but both should work.

NakedBeet

During the winter months, my coconut oil tends to melt in the kitchen pantry, which is useful for measuring out the amount, but both solid or liquid measurement should work.

NakedBeet

The original recipe asked for 1/2 cup of butter, so yes, you can certainly substitute with a different kind of oil, such as vegetable, grapeseed, or canola. Hope you like it!

You'll Want to Eat These Soy Sauce Eggs with Everything

Game changed.

Momofuku's Famed Soy Sauce Eggs

From filling salads to warming soups, we've got you covered.

Easy Lunch Ideas

A weeknight slam dunk.

Miso Butter Skillet Chicken

Get Set for the Best

And why Sunday is, hands down, the best day of the week.

American Expat Life in Paris