🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Cinnamon Sugar Breakfast Puffs

6b925041 933a 4a0c 8c59 07e780aee118  2016 1116 cinnamon sugar breakfast puffs james ransom 109

I have a question about the recipe "Cinnamon Sugar Breakfast Puffs" from fiveandspice. Can I make the batter the night before and then bake it the next day?

asked by Marivic Restivo over 5 years ago

T I would brown the butter and mix the dry and wet ingredients separately the night before, so that all the measuring and prep is basically done. Then I'd throw everything together before you are ready to bake. That said, someone else might suggest mixing everything the night before is fine.

C4b35b3e a030 4605 bcae f5a7ba4644f4  sausage2
fiveandspice

Emily is a trusted source on Scandinavian Cuisine.

I would agree with ATG117. Because the leavening (baking powder) will activate as soon as it comes into contact with the wet ingredients, if you leave the batter fully mixed overnight, it won't rise up as it bakes in the oven the next day.

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

Comparable to my pancake batters -- 2nd day just doesn't have the loft, but I leave it on the counter for a little bit of souring, which you wouldn't want in this recipe!