🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Chrissy's Best Chili Ever

B220c4f8 082c 43f9 b29f 22201cf5d953  img 4768

I have a question about the recipe "Chrissy's Best Chili Ever" from MyFareFoodie.
I want to cook it in my slow cooker. How long do you recomend? Should I add more liquid since it will be cooking longer?

asked by Erik Thornborough over 5 years ago

69d2403d 88f4 4b72 b0b9 84a21f4d0561  img 1445

I wouldn't add more liquid. In a slow cooker, the moisture (steam) doesn't get a chance to escape like it does on a stove-top pot; slow cookers are built this way in order to make it possible to cook things for a long time without the worry of drying and eventually burning the contents. If anything, you might want to reduce the liquid a bit in order to better replicate stove-top results. My personal rule of thumb for slow cooker cooking is if something is only going to cook for 4 hours, use high heat; if something is going to cook for 5+ hours, use low heat. Good cooking and good eating!

8f5038ed 8aca 4d33 aef7 8a0ce63adc40  img00019 20100929 0432 1

I agree with Carla. no added liquid and the timing seems right on. Be sure your beef is browned prior to placing in the slow cooker. Let us know how it goes!