🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Short Rib Ragu

4ed782b1 3d11 4b59 bc69 9d446397b896  110111f 356

I have a question about the recipe "Short Rib Ragu" from Minimally Invasive. The recipe calls for a big bottle of red wine - what size are we talking about?

asked by Loves Pie over 5 years ago

Aa8e10f5 da1c 4a1c 868f fdcc325ca075  minimallyinvasive

A standard sized bottle. "Big" was in reference to body. You want a full-bodied wine here, like a Barolo or Syrah.

MI: Curious. Do you really cook with wine as expensive as Barolo? I generally try to keep some Nebbiolo from outside the region on hand to use instead... and drink that Barolo!

The typical standard bottle is 750ml.

Hi ChefJune - I did recently, but can't say I do often. (And I found a good deal on the bottle.)