A question about a recipe: Suzanne Goin's Corned Beef and Cabbage with Parsley-Mustard Sauce

2980f9f8 eaec 4fa1 8ad3 de5816f90948  food52 03 13 2012 4189

I have a question about the recipe "Suzanne Goin's Corned Beef and Cabbage with Parsley-Mustard Sauce" from Genius Recipes.
What happens to the onions and peppers that have cooked in the broth for 4 1/2 hours? Are they too wilted/tired to serve with the other veggies?

asked by Tom Croft over 6 years ago

Genius Recipes

They're pretty deflated by the end, but taste them and see what you think!

To me, the veggies used in stews and cornbeef etc are sacrificial elements.

Potatoes, fresh carrots, cabbage are added at the last hour or so they retain some integrity.
The ones in the broth can be blended with the liquid for gravy. The onions I remove because they still have some shape and good sugars from the low/slow cooking.