A question about a recipe: Tartine Bakery's Lemon Cream

I have a question about the recipe "Tartine Bakery's Lemon Cream" from Genius Recipes. I made this and it tastes very "eggy" for my liking - any way to cut down on that egg flavor, or did I do something wrong?

B386b355 6ba7 4fe3 8ae9 0661074acf04  food52 02 28 2012 1502
Recipe question for: Tartine Bakery's Lemon Cream

hardlikearmour March 20, 2012

I've not made it (yet), but typically prefer all-yolk lemon curd for that very reason. You could tinker with the recipe by cutting the number of whole eggs and increasing the number of yolks. A large egg (no shell) weighs about 50 grams and a large egg yolk weighs about 19 grams - so essentially 2.5 yolks = 1 egg by weight.

Ophelia
Ophelia March 20, 2012

I agree with hardlikearmor, the "eggy" flavor comes from the egg white where most of the sulfur is, I would reduce the number of whole eggs and increase the number of yolks. If you go all yolk though it might need more lemon flavor to help cut the richness, maybe add some finely grated zest.