🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Lamb Meatballs with a Broken Yogurt Saffron Sauce

A7ee2f88 51ac 4e81 ac5a 29cffac3b461  dsc 0012

I have a question about the recipe "Lamb Meatballs with a Broken Yogurt Saffron Sauce" from thirschfeld. What would you suggest pairing with it for a meal? The usual pasta like spaghetti seems underwhelming. Thanks!

asked by Lydia Shoup over 5 years ago

Maybe Tom will answer your question but I would be thinking of fideo coils (toasted first in oil and finished in hot stock). Not quite the same as spaghetti but it is a pasta. Chickpeas might be good as well, cooked until tender and then completed with olive oil and fresh rosemary. You can easily infuse the oil with the rosemary and then strain it.

671b6c39 4898 435f 92c5 89cd9b925088  img 3788

This doesn't have the flavor profile of italian meatballs - it seems more middle eastern to me. I'd go with Couscous mixed with fresh herbs (mint, basil,- whatever you have on hand), some toasted slivered almonds, and a light lemon, olive oil dressing.

8f5038ed 8aca 4d33 aef7 8a0ce63adc40  img00019 20100929 0432 1

Rice or orzo.