🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Lemon and Onion Roasted Chicken

52ef10ba e105 4dc4 acc0 4914e29bec45  2017 0426 lemon and onion roasted chicken james ransom 511

I have a question about step 10 on the recipe "Lemon and Onion Roasted Chicken" from Bevi. It says:

"Place the bird in the middle of the oven. Baste the bird occasionally with the pan juices that accumulate. The chicken will be done in 80 to 90 minutes. Test the bird for doneness by wriggling the leg, and if the leg comes out of the joint easily the chicken is done." If I'm cooking two 5 pound chickens how should I adjust the temp and time of cooking?

asked by vmweldon over 5 years ago

84baef1b 1614 4c3d a895 e859c9d40bd1  chris in oslo

I used to frequently cook two chickens to ensure I'd have plenty of leftovers. As long as there was airflow around the birds, I didn't have to adjust the temperature or timing at all. Just follow Bevi's instruction--if you wiggle the leg and it's tight, roast a little longer. This recipe is going to make you a wonderful dinner.

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

You could also use a thermometer to assess the doneness of your chicken. Thickest part of breast should be 160 to 165ish. Thighs about 10º hotter.