🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Gaufres de Lieges (Belgian waffles from Lieges)

Ddb7e3f2 94f9 43e4 948f 400cad9d8dd2  photo 3 3

I have a question about the recipe "Gaufres de Lieges (Belgian waffles from Lieges)" from tuscanfoodie.
I am making these today, and am questioning the volume of yeast. Has anyone made them? How much yeast should I use?

9e7611bf 44a3 4d7d 9957 5ca8fe2dd800  tf

The yeast is specified in the list of ingredients: it is the first item. One bag of yeast is normally 7gr (1/4 oz). I have made them plenty of time, and they come out well. Let me know how they work for you.

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

Thanks, tuscanfoodie! I wasn't sure if you meant 2.5 teaspoons (about 1 packet) or 2.5 packets.

I have the first batter made. I went with my gut and used a single package of yeast. I will report back once they are done! I can't wait!

so, how did they turn out? Did the reduced amount of yeast cause troubles?

They turned out great! I commented on the recipe. The first batter rose really well with a single packet of yeast - at room temperature took less than 2 hours. I did have to add a bit of extra flour as the finished batter was a bit loose. Texture and flavor seemed like the Liege-style waffles I have had in Portland (at the Waffle Window.)