A question about a recipe: Stuffed Macaroni and Cheese Pie with Herbed Topping

54c809bc e221 4953 ba4b 471579e9544e  mac pie

I have a question about the recipe "Stuffed Macaroni and Cheese Pie with Herbed Topping" from vrunka. Is the pie crust supposed to be pre-baked before filling with the mac & cheese?

asked by dczarnec over 6 years ago

Nope. It looks like vrunka fills the crust raw. I'm sure you could par-bake it if you'd prefer, but make sure to watch that the edges don't over-cook.

vrunka

Hi-I've done it both ways and either way works fine. If you like a crisper crust, pre-baking helps with that, but then you have to be careful to cover the rim of the crust when you bake it the second time so it doesn't burn.

I tend to fill the crust unbaked just because it's quicker and easier.