🔕 🔔

sauce is too sweet

what do I add to sauce to take away some of the sweetness and give it some kick?

asked by G. Archer over 5 years ago

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

Add something tart like vinegar or lemon juice. A vinegar based hot sauce or some cayenne for kick. You may also need to add more salt.

516f887e 3787 460a bf21 d20ef4195109  bigpan

You can consider tossing half the sauce and re-adding more of the non-sweet ingredients. A bit of acid also helps, and some heat if you want. Unless it was originally intended to be a hot sauce, I would concentrate on the other ingredients rather than changing it to a hot sauce.

If you haven't put it on the food yet then I would toss and try again.