🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: The Big Tzimmes for Passover

247060d1 d1f1 4a94 aad0 8fa347cc509c  tzimmes 0051

I have a question about the recipe "The Big Tzimmes for Passover" from Vivian Henoch.
How far ahead can I prepare?
Thanks

asked by beth handa over 5 years ago

21cce3cd 8e22 4227 97f9 2962d7d83240  photo squirrel

i would feel perfectly comfortable making these 5 days in advance. i mean, it's just a veggie stew....

9c473c37 e2b2 4a08 a2dc 6373edc3899b  img 7717r

Glad you asked. Generally, I don't make anything 5 days ahead of a meal, but as far as prep ahead is concerned, this dish will do just fine a day or two ahead. Flavors will blend nicely, in fact. To reheat - you might want to add more liquid -- perhaps a quarter cup of orange juice - or water.

13e03ad2 dea9 4f23 9c54 536873679e96  white chocolate ginger cookies

My Mom always made her tzimmes ahead of time and froze it. She claimed it tasted better reheated as all the flavors were enhanced when heated the second time.

I made mine two days ago to serve Saturday night. That's the way I always do it and it's always scrumptious. Good luck.