🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Grilled Double-Cut Lamb Chops, Green Garlic Herb Butter, Green Garlic Mashed Potatoes

E4174cf8 2e6f 4ffb 994f b5dafe0e68cc  cooked

I have a question about the recipe "Grilled Double-Cut Lamb Chops, Green Garlic Herb Butter, Green Garlic Mashed Potatoes" from mrslarkin. What are double cut lambchops? Can I just order that from the whole foods meat counter?

asked by Claire Han over 5 years ago

84e1393f 0d16 4291 80cf 2c42b5acf188  noz photo

A double cut lamb chop has two ribs' worth of meat -- your butcher can definitely cut this for you to order.

33f00148 b116 47f0 8789 76ae3bdb2bbb  photo 1

Double-cut are chops that are basically double thickness. When they clean the chops (frenching), they remove a couple of the bones in between so that they can adjust where they cut the chops and make them thicker. I'm not sure about Whole Foods, but sometimes you have to order them specifically at the grocery store. If they don't have them, you can ask the butcher to hold some for you when he gets a new rack.