🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Spicy Celery Quick Pickle Sticks

3532e4af 69e5 4900 825c ff67989e919f  food52 03 27 12 8047

I have a question about the recipe "Spicy Celery Quick Pickle Sticks" from vrunka. Mustard seeds are listed twice in the recipe. Should some be ground and some be left whole? Or is this a typo? Thank you for your help!

asked by MaineBaker over 5 years ago

84e1393f 0d16 4291 80cf 2c42b5acf188  noz photo

In the headnotes to the recipe, the tester says that she used 1.5 tsp as a compromise and liked the results. You might try that!

84b5af78 8131 4161 b1a5 3d448c6e9550  img 1884 tillie

Very sorry about all the confusion. I've been having a devil of a time trying to edit the recipe -- it just never seems to change!

The correct amount is 1 tablespoon. I just leave them whole, but you could crush them a bit in a mortar and pestle if you want more mustard flavor. I would not use ground, however, as I think that would be too strong and would probably also leave a film on the celery.