A question about a recipe: Spicy Celery Quick Pickle Sticks

3532e4af 69e5 4900 825c ff67989e919f  food52 03 27 12 8047

I have a question about the recipe "Spicy Celery Quick Pickle Sticks" from vrunka. Why is mustard seed listed twice in the recipe, as mustard seed then as mustard seeds? Is there something I'm missing? Is seed different from seeds?

asked by NM Expats over 6 years ago

I'm not sure. In the tasting notes, thehappycook used 1.5 teaspoons black mustard seed and liked the result.

vrunka

Sorry about the confusion. For some reason, I've been having a devil of a time trying to edit this recipe and have the changes stick. I keep going in and fixing it and then it reverts back to the way it was!

Anyway, one *tablespoon* whole mustard seed is the correct amount.

Hope you enjoy the pickles!