🔕 🔔

What's the difference between bakers chocolate and regular chocolate?

asked by Mirepoix79 over 5 years ago

So I could use any kind of chocolate if it calls for chocolate?

I agree with Merrill but use your favorite chocolate

If you're looking for a lot of chocolate flavor, you'll want to use a prepared chocolate with a high percentage of cacoa (80%+). Scharffen Berger chocolate has a 84% Cacao Date Chocolate that's great for baking. I've also used Hershey's Extra Dark for a super rich brownie with success.

@altacm1 I'm looking for chocolatie not super sweet out of those you suggest which one would be your pick?

Cbfb27ea 071f 4941 9183 30dce4007b50  merrill

I'd use use a bittersweet chocolate (I like Guittard or Scharffen Berger) and decrease the amount of sugar in the recipe a little bit, or just pick a recipe that looks like it calls for less sugar than others.