🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Suya Swordfish

1031d351 9059 41cb 8386 774df8a136ad  072010f52 0371

I have a question about the recipe "Suya Swordfish" from Kitchen Butterfly.
Okay to use almond butter?

asked by fuhsi over 5 years ago

Ee6e1f61 c2e2 48b1 b500 bb90cc2c5b83  itsme

I think almond butter would be a great alternative in this recipe! Cashew butter is another choice that might have a flavor profile more similar to that of peanut butter, but I personally love almonds and the flavor of almond butter.

The flavor profile the recipe creator was trying to achieve was along the lines of a Thai Peanut Sauce. There would be nothing 'wrong' per-say to use another nut butter; it would just change the profile. The one consideration would be smoke point / sugar content. Peanuts have a much lower smoke point - this allows the 'roasted' flavor to come through. Walnuts' smoke point are similar; that would be the next logical nutmeat/oil.

I would guess no for "Almond butter", yes to tahini though.

F246bb01 f193 4693 aa2f a6419a68980a  wwrake lrcrpd

thanks, everybody: I've gleaned much cooking wisdom from your answers.