A question about a recipe: Lemon Poppyseed Chickpea Muffins

Fc4813d5 8a9d 46a7 80e5 cb114e696276  img 4588

I have a question about the recipe "Lemon Poppyseed Chickpea Muffins" from avantgurlnyc.

What is the calorie count in one muffin?

asked by ksquared0529 about 6 years ago

I put it into a calorie calculator for you, and they came up at about 350 calories each. Here's the site I used: http://caloriecount.about...

ATG117

350 sounds pretty accurate considering that there are usually around 400 and change calories in large muffins you'd buy at a bakery.

Linn

It is not uncommon for two people to run the same set of ingredients and end up with different totals and I know from my professional experience this can happen a lot. The calorie estimate I came up with for the Lemon Poppyseed Chickpea Muffin is actually closer to about 150 calories. The muffin would be on the smaller side, about 2 ounces. A commercial muffin tends to run 400 calories plus because these muffins are big and they weigh more.