🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Anne Dimock's Straight-Up Rhubarb Pie

6af15da0 1183 4d2f b9ca 8bef4ea07706  food52 05 08 12 8741

I have a question about the recipe "Anne Dimock's Straight-Up Rhubarb Pie" from Genius Recipes. For the Straight-Up Rhubarb Pie, about how much in weight or number of stalks will yield 5 cups? Thanks!

asked by Kathy T over 5 years ago

39bc764f 7859 45d4 9e95 fc5774280613  headshot 2.0 crop

I got about a cup of sliced rhubarb per stalk. Depending on the size of your stalks, 5-6 should be fine. But remember, you can just use Dimock's ratio of 1 cup sliced rhubarb : 1/4 cup sugar : 1 Tbsp. flour if you have more or less.

E0cc9d5c 6544 49fb b0e4 5c150d9ac0f7  imag0055

If you are buying at a market, two pounds will be plenty and one not enough. Two pounds will give you about 6-7 cups.

I bought 1.5 pounds of rhubarb (mostly fairly slender stalks, with not much waste), cut the stalks into 1/4' slices as recommended in the slide show, and had one small stalk left over. The pie was positively delicious, by the way. I might sprinkle just a bit of cinnamon sugar on the crust next time, or perhaps make a lattice crust, as I tend to prefer my pies a bit less austere in appearance. ;o)