A question about a recipe: Rhubarb Curd Shortbread

32265f24 b35f 4fea 90b6 f5c8e4fd56c3  050410f 592

I have a question about the recipe "Rhubarb Curd Shortbread" from Rivka. In step one, we are asked to cook the rhubarb with "1/4 sugar". The curd ingredients call for 1/3 C plus 1/8C of sugar. How much of the sugar should be cooked with the rhubarb - 1/12 C?

asked by Tarragon over 6 years ago

Quinciferous

When I made this a while ago, I used 1/4 cup sugar in that step. I assumed it was a typo. It turned out beautifully (if not as pink as in the picture)!

Sarah

Looking at the recipe, there are 2 amounts of sugar needed - 1/4 cup for the curd and 1/3 C plus 1/8C for the shortbread. I assume the "1/4 sugar" means adding the 1/4 cup, with the rest being added for the shortbread, but it's quite confusing!