🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Luciana's Porchetta

Ca9caedd 6934 4f52 83f7 5d39d401d923  040610f 504

I have a question about the recipe "Luciana's Porchetta" from Aliwaks. Could you use a pork loin roast instead? I bought that by misgtake but will get the shoulder and freeze the loin for another time if you suggest that. thanks for your help!!

asked by dfurlong over 5 years ago

No, you really can't sub pork loin for shoulder in this recipe. The loin does not have enough fat to make the porchetta. Either make something else, or freeze the loin for another occasion.

The butcher said the shoulder would be in pieces...guess I will have to try and butterfly it myself:) wish me luck, it's for dinner guests Sat night. First time making it so hoping it will b fabulous!!