A question about a recipe: Blueberry Grappa Sauce

63a10879 2ca7 4232 be19 2b226218e91e  blueberry grappa sauce

I have a question about the recipe "Blueberry Grappa Sauce" from amanda. Can this sauce be canned and processed for shelf stability? (Looking for new things to do with the 3 quarts + of blueberries that I'll be picking every evening during the weeks to come . . .) Thanks so much! ;o)

asked about 6 years ago

Droplet

AJ, I really think this is inherently a fresh "sauce"and not meant to be canned; You'll loose the two tone berries and the alcohol will permeate them in the canning process turning it more into a boozy jam than booze accented fruit. But if you wash your berries well and freeze them in a single layer so they stay separate (transfer to a container or plastic bags after that) you could effectively make this out of blueberry season. I, too, love this sauce.

Droplet

http://www.seriouseats...
I just saw this in a side banner elsewhere and thought you might just like it since you have an abundance of blueberries. The grappa could still replace the moonshine.

AJ -- sorry, somehow missed your question. I'm sure, with adjustments (making more of a sugar syrup, cooking the fruit longer, etc), you could preserve it, but I haven't tried it.