🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Sesame Roasted Root Vegetables

395e40cb 87a4 43e0 8111 11bc5cd7690a  sesame roasted root vegetables

I have a question about the recipe "Sesame Roasted Root Vegetables" from Kayb. I have all the ingredients for this but the white miso (and no time to shop today). What should I use instead? Thanks so much, everyone. ;o)

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

Do you have another miso? You could use a smaller quantity if it is dark. Otherwise I'd leave it out, since the other ingredients are all so good together anyway. To me, nothing is close to miso.

I'm wondering if you could use soy sauce and a bit of fish sauce as a substitute . . . Soy sauce for the saltiness and fish sauce for the fermented je ne sais quoi. . .