A question about a recipe: Billionaire’s Bacon Coffee Ice Cream

C711ff17 1960 4816 9471 30dfaaa276de  baconalia

I have a question about the recipe "Billionaire’s Bacon Coffee Ice Cream" from WeLikeToCook. whole eggs?

asked by Benny about 6 years ago

Benny

hmm... accidently posted without asking.. my question is:

I've never used whole eggs in making icecream. What is the benifit of keeping the whites of two eggs in this recipe?

WeLike2Cook

The albumen helps to prevent the formation of ice crystals which keeps the ice cream from freezing solid. Also for ice cream to be creamy, there needs to be plenty of air. The whisking action (and the churning in the machine) incorporates air bubbles in the mixture. Hope this answers your question.

Sadassa_Ulna

I am making coffee ice cream "as we speak" and the recipe calls for two whole eggs as well (Joy of Cooking) ....