🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Raspberry Sour Cream Corn Muffins

4a6cce6e cc0d 11e5 8e0d 3c15c2d2bb38  37 full

I have a question about the recipe "Raspberry Sour Cream Corn Muffins" from Scarla. I'd like to make these muffins a little less sweet. If I reduce the sugar, should I make any other adjustments? Thanks, everyone. ;o)

asked about 5 years ago

Since you don't have an answer yet I'll tell you what I'd do. Reduce sugar to 3/4 cup and use a low protein flour. At least as low as bleached AP. I think that should be satisfactory, but report back. These sound very good.

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

I think of sugar as a quasi liquid in the baking context. I would add the amount of sugar you prefer, then see if the batter needs adjustment in either the liquid or solid direction.
I do often reduce sugar, especially in muffin recipes. Usually no adjustment seems necessary, but it depends on all factors. Your experienced judgement should be the best guide.