🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Zucchini-Lemon Cookies

F139df3b f3b4 41d6 8c0a 4483c9a784b5  cookies

I have a question about the recipe "Zucchini-Lemon Cookies" from KelseyTheNaptimeChef. Can I substitute pureed green tomatoes for the zucchini in these cookies?

asked by alimarcus about 5 years ago

i wouldn't. The texture and moisture levels would be so different. ;o)

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

AntoniaJames is right, but you might want to try some experimentation -- the idea is promising. Perhaps you could oven dry the tomatoes (you can find some instructions on this site, or others) to reduce the moisture. Then there's a question of acidity -- you'd have to balance the tastes.
How about some kind of tart? I think they'd be delicious that way!