A question about a recipe: Gravlax

9bb2ca80 1eda 4a4d 9226 78ecbf7b3e01  7 gravlax after curing

I have a question about the recipe "Gravlax" from la domestique. Can the gravlax cure for longer than 2-3 days, if so, how long will it hold?

asked by tota about 6 years ago

la domestique

Hi Tota, I would not leave the cure on longer than 3 days, as it will dry out the fish, but you can wipe the cure off and store the fish well-wrapped in the fridge for at least a week.

tota

thanks so much...wild salmon is on sale today but the picnic is next weekend, so.....this helps a lot!

In general, gravlax can cure for up to a week and then be okay in the refrigerator for up to a week. You can also freeze it. I like to eat mine up more promptly.