🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Baked Ricotta and Goat Cheese with Candied Tomatoes

324473d7 b7f6 4fa7 97e6 0ae845ea195d  food52 082211 3315

I have a question about the recipe "Baked Ricotta and Goat Cheese with Candied Tomatoes" from TheRunawaySpoon. Does the baked ricotta freeze well?

asked by EatArt about 5 years ago

120fa86a 7a24 4cc0 8ee1 a8d1ab14c725  me in munich with fish

I have not tried this recipe, but as someone who has worked professionally with cheese for a long time, I would advise against freezing baked ricotta. I have frozen fresh ricotta before, and it wasn't detrimental to the flavor or texture, but baking alters the molecular structure of the cheese. If you then froze the cheese and thawed it out, the texture would probably suffer, and you will have lost the melty, warm, beautifully browned baked ricotta that you started out with. The cheese would also exude a lot of moisture during the thawing process, resulting in something watery and unappealing. In short, don't do it.