🔕 🔔

I have a lot of 'waste' left over from juicing lost of fruit. Is there anything I clan do with this other than composting?

asked by Bill F about 5 years ago

0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

Get a Vita mix that pulverizes the skin and fiber.

You could maybe use the fiber in muffins, breads..stocks etc.

Or ...just a wild idea here. Coat dry pulps with corn starch, a touch of salt extra moisture to bind together..and fry them in disks in oil for crispy chip like snack things.

Bac35f8c 0352 46fe 95e3 57de4b652617  p1291120

I make lots of jelly, so have tons of fruit pulp left over. I keep it in the freezer, pull it out when I'm ready to make a particular syrup: lemon zest, sugar, water and pulp boiled together for 10'ish minutes. Cool on stove (half an hour?), add lemon juice, strain. It makes a beautifully colored "[fruit]-lemon" syrup. Typically, I'll put in a mason jar in the fridge and pull out to combine with seltzer water for a refreshing drink, or with a a little something "more medicinal" for an adult beverage. Sorry that I don't have an actual recipe and quantities, but you kind of can't go wrong...

84e1393f 0d16 4291 80cf 2c42b5acf188  noz photo

Our vegan columnist Gena Hamshaw makes crackers from her juice pulp!

http://www.choosingraw...

82dd76e4 5fa0 47de 8eb8 b632545ae288  molly patrick pic

Great question! When I first started juicing I felt really bad about all of the pulp going to waste.
I have made muffins and stock with my pulp.
I always seem to have more pulp than I can use up!