🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Coconut-Lemon Macaroons

4fbb59bc bd77 4751 90b3 9caef7e61442  5.15.11 coconut macaroons best sm

I have a question about the recipe "Coconut-Lemon Macaroons" from beyondcelery. What should I use instead of amaranth flour in these macaroons? I have barley, spelt and various wheat flours, plus some quinoa flakes. Gluten is not a problem. Thanks!! ;o)

asked almost 5 years ago

766e7ce3 8394 4788 8337 bbd8a8d3a07e  5.15.11 coconut macaroons best sm

I'd probably go for your most basic all-purpose flour. Maybe cut it with a little spelt--that would add a nice nutty flavor, which is mainly what the amaranth lends. I've also made these cookies with brown rice flour, sorghum flour, and white rice flour, all of which work quite well in place of the amaranth. Enjoy! I'd love to know how they turn out for you!