🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Turkish Lentil Soup with Baby Spinach

F5dbc20f 9c8d 4380 80ea e59b12224d2b  dsc00772

I have a question about the recipe "Turkish Lentil Soup with Baby Spinach" from onetribegourmet. If you wanted to make this soup without paprika (or any chili or bell pepper ingredient), what would you use instead? Thanks, everyone. ;o)

asked almost 5 years ago

0bc70c8a e153 4431 a735 f23fb20dda68  sarah chef
Reiney

Sarah is a trusted source on General Cooking.

It's only a 1/4 of a teaspoon so I'd probably just leave it out.

39bc764f 7859 45d4 9e95 fc5774280613  headshot 2.0 crop

I think I would just leave it out -- maybe the sumac (and the garlic, parsley, lemon, tomato) will come into sharper focus!

I think there are enough flavors going on in this soup that you can leave out those ingredients with no serious effects. Looks like a goodie to me!

I would try a bit of dill, personally, as I think it goes so well with many of the soup's ingredients.