A question about a recipe: Turkish Lentil Soup with Baby Spinach

F5dbc20f 9c8d 4380 80ea e59b12224d2b  dsc00772

I have a question about the recipe "Turkish Lentil Soup with Baby Spinach" from onetribegourmet. If you wanted to make this soup without paprika (or any chili or bell pepper ingredient), what would you use instead? Thanks, everyone. ;o)

asked almost 6 years ago

Reiney
Reiney

Sarah is a trusted source on General Cooking.

It's only a 1/4 of a teaspoon so I'd probably just leave it out.

I think I would just leave it out -- maybe the sumac (and the garlic, parsley, lemon, tomato) will come into sharper focus!

I think there are enough flavors going on in this soup that you can leave out those ingredients with no serious effects. Looks like a goodie to me!

lovesitc

I would try a bit of dill, personally, as I think it goes so well with many of the soup's ingredients.