A question about a recipe: Tuscan Turkey Roulade

I have a question about the recipe "Tuscan Turkey Roulade" from HalfPint. What white wine would you serve with this? My Thanksgiving sides will be fairly standard. Using a brand new feature here, you can click on my profile and then on the link to the left for "Thanksgiving Menu" to see the whole menu (as envisioned now). Thanks, everyone! ;o)

2d6bdab3 4206 4c3d ac52 e428177251bc  default recipe
Recipe question for: Tuscan Turkey Roulade

ChezHenry
ChezHenry November 6, 2012

Chassagne Montrachet if you have the money. To be honest I would choose an Oregon Pinot Noir as it is Thanksgiving and perhaps we should keep it "American," but I see that you are interested in White Wines.

Summer of Eggplant
Summer of Eggplant November 6, 2012

I would do a non-oaky American Chardonnay.

HalfPint November 6, 2012

Since we made and ate this at a B&B in Tuscany, we had it with a Chianti. Not sure what label. I'm guessing that Giullietta got it from one of her neighbors with a vineyard. You can't go wrong with anything that that is labeled 'Chianti Classico Riserva'. They run about $25-$50 a bottle, not cheap, but not heart-stopping either. I've read that 2009 was an excellent year.

HalfPint November 6, 2012

If you have your heart set on a white wine, a pino grigio would work. I like Santa Margherita. I use to get it from Costco for ~$15.

gingerroot
gingerroot November 7, 2012

I've never had it with turkey, but my go-to favorite food friendly white is a Rousanne from Zaca Mesa. It pairs deliciously with everything from slightly spicy asian food to steak with a bold chimichurri. It runs about $25. http://www.zacamesa.com/our_wines/Roussanne

lloreen
lloreen November 7, 2012

your menu looks fabulous! I think a dry Riesling is great with turkey and all the sweet favors of the sides.. Maybe something sparkling to begin...

AntoniaJames November 7, 2012

Thanks, everyone! And for the record, a new Beaujolais will also be flowing. We have one person though who doesn't care much for red wine; thus my interest in finding a good white. ;o)

sdebrango November 7, 2012

I always serve a nice white but my favorite with turkey is Lambrusco Rosso, it's not a heavy red, sparkling, light and just the right balance for a pretty heavy meal. No one really drinks white wine in my family and my favorite wine merchant told be to try the Lambrusco and I was hooked, I serve it every year now.

CHeeb
CHeeb November 8, 2012

Prosecco , anyone???

fredcipes
fredcipes November 8, 2012

Gewurztraminer makes a great turkey wine.