🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Tuscan Turkey Roulade

4a9f4e0c cc0d 11e5 8d08 3c15c2d2bb38  45 full

I have a question about the recipe "Tuscan Turkey Roulade" from HalfPint. What white wine would you serve with this? My Thanksgiving sides will be fairly standard. Using a brand new feature here, you can click on my profile and then on the link to the left for "Thanksgiving Menu" to see the whole menu (as envisioned now). Thanks, everyone! ;o)

asked almost 5 years ago

Chassagne Montrachet if you have the money. To be honest I would choose an Oregon Pinot Noir as it is Thanksgiving and perhaps we should keep it "American," but I see that you are interested in White Wines.

Cd4936f2 2555 42a6 bab6 b78ae625f4ec  img 3538

I would do a non-oaky American Chardonnay.

Since we made and ate this at a B&B in Tuscany, we had it with a Chianti. Not sure what label. I'm guessing that Giullietta got it from one of her neighbors with a vineyard. You can't go wrong with anything that that is labeled 'Chianti Classico Riserva'. They run about $25-$50 a bottle, not cheap, but not heart-stopping either. I've read that 2009 was an excellent year.

If you have your heart set on a white wine, a pino grigio would work. I like Santa Margherita. I use to get it from Costco for ~$15.

Ec89bac4 d90d 46fb a336 04afd14d1e80  img 1958

I've never had it with turkey, but my go-to favorite food friendly white is a Rousanne from Zaca Mesa. It pairs deliciously with everything from slightly spicy asian food to steak with a bold chimichurri. It runs about $25. http://www.zacamesa.com...

671b6c39 4898 435f 92c5 89cd9b925088  img 3788

your menu looks fabulous! I think a dry Riesling is great with turkey and all the sweet favors of the sides.. Maybe something sparkling to begin...

Thanks, everyone! And for the record, a new Beaujolais will also be flowing. We have one person though who doesn't care much for red wine; thus my interest in finding a good white. ;o)

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

I always serve a nice white but my favorite with turkey is Lambrusco Rosso, it's not a heavy red, sparkling, light and just the right balance for a pretty heavy meal. No one really drinks white wine in my family and my favorite wine merchant told be to try the Lambrusco and I was hooked, I serve it every year now.

Deac5e85 ab6c 4739 826e c35688e6f154  l1020855

Prosecco , anyone???

D575cae1 ec42 4b51 85df aabecf92a1d8  fredavatar

Gewurztraminer makes a great turkey wine.